[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”4.7.3″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]Your fireplace is source of warmth and comfort for your family, especially during the winter. In some cases, it can also be a source of leaks and water damage. It’s important to inspect your chimney regularly and check for any areas that may be damaged. If you find that your chimney is letting in water, it’s time to call a professional. Whether it’s the mortar that’s cracked or a damaged flashing, here are a few ways that you can find the right company to handle your chimney repair in Alpharetta.
- Talk to your neighbors. If you have a fireplace and a chimney, chances are there’s someone else in your neighborhood that does, too. Ask them who they trust to handle their chimney maintenance. It’s best to collect recommendations from a few different friends or family members and then conduct a bit of research on your own.
- Once you have a list of a few companies, check out each of their websites. Most chimney repair and fireplace maintenance companies have a professional website that is easy to navigate. Check out any previous client testimonials and make sure that each of your prospective companies has been in business for a few years.
- Call for inspections. When you need chimney repair, prospective companies should provide free inspections. Be wary of any company that attempts to give you a price over the phone without actually seeing your chimney. Once at your home, each company should thoroughly inspect your chimney. The flashing, mortar, brick, cap, and flue should be examined carefully before an estimate and diagnosis is issued.
- After an inspection, ask each company to provide a written estimate of the work that needs to be done. This estimate should include any parts and labor hours needed to properly repair your chimney. It’s important to ensure that all the work you need to have done is included in your estimate. For example, if your brick and mortar needs to be replaced, is the removal and disposal of the old materials included in the company’s estimate? Comparing the prices from different companies will give you a better idea of who is right for the job.
- Verify all licenses and insurance policies. No chimney repair company should be functioning without a business license. They should also be properly registered with the state. On top of these credentials, each company should be willing to provide proof of insurance coverage. A valid insurance policy prevents you from being held liable in the event of an accident.
When you find a chimney leak, it’s important to call a professional. The right company can handle your chimney leak repair in Alpharetta easily and quickly, restoring your family’s favorite source of comfort.