Maybe you need chimney leak repair in Marietta. Perhaps you have questions about chimney caps in Alpharetta. You’re in desperate need of chimney cleaning in Atlanta. Regardless of where you are or what chimney service you need, there are things you have to know and consider before hiring any chimney cleaning service. Not only is not getting the proper service a waste of money, you also risk damage to your home. Improperly serviced fireplaces can crumble, leak, or cause fires. The following information could help you choose the best company for your needs.
- Avoid hiring companies to work on your chimney without additional research. Many homeowners across the United States have been tricked by con-artists masquerading as licensed chimney service providers. These individuals perform their scams by going door-to-door and using telephone marketing to trick homeowners. Check for uniforms, labelled vehicles, and company issued identification. Then do some research on your own to ensure that they are a reputable company that you can trust.
- Chimney sweeping is an unregulated industry. Any individual can start a chimney service company without being required to have certifications or licensing. They don’t even need to have the proper tools. Luckily, there are associations such as the Chimney Safety Institute of America that provide licensing and certifications for chimney service companies. A company with those licenses is more likely to be a company you can trust.
- You should check to see if a company is a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild or the National Fireplace Institute. Membership in either or both of these organizations shows a certain level of expertise and willingness to improve. This makes a company look that much more reliable and trustworthy.
- Even if a company is licensed through the Chimney Safety Institute of America, that does not mean that each individual team member is licensed. The same is true of membership in the National Fireplace Institute. Check if they individual who arrives to perform work on your house has individual certifications from these organizations before allowing that person to work on your chimney. This prevents possible damage from an under trained individual performing incorrect service on your chimney.
- A company that is more likely to be found trustworthy and reliable should have some form of liability insurance. This ensures that if the worst happens and your chimney is damaged in some way, you will be protected from those damages. Despite how unlikely the damage is, you still want to remain protected.
- Look for reviews about the company you’re thinking of hiring. These can be word-of-mouth from friends and family, or it can be online reviews. Most companies are bound to have a couple bad reviews, but make sure that a good majority are positive. Reviews allow you to make a choice of company with more confidence.
- A reputable company should maintain a certain level of professionalism at all times. The workers should be courteous and leave no messes behind after their work is through. The company should present an image that you agree with. You are more likely to find a company trustworthy if they have a strong corporate image or a strong community presence. Look for websites, blog posts, and other resources that show the work the company has performed.
There are many companies that perform chimney cleaning in Atlanta, and you should hire one that performs a quality of work you agree with and that you find trustworthy.